For more than 100 years, Pacific Union College Elementary School has provided quality, Christian education to children in kindergarten through eighth grade. Our diverse curriculum features a strong focus on core subjects, integrated with art, music, sports, culture, and Christian values.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Next week, April 23 - 27, PUCE will be celebrating our teachers through Teacher Appreciation Week. Classes have been assigned to provide lunch and playground supervision on specified days. This way, the teachers can have a nice, peaceful lunch break. If possible, please plan to help on the days your children's classes are involved. Let your coordinating room parent know what you can do to help. If you have not heard from a parent in your child's class, you can let the office know what you can do.
- Monday - PUC Church pastors provide lunch
- Tuesday - grades K, 1, 2 families provide lunch & playground supervision
- Wednesday - grades 3, 4, 5 families provide lunch & playground supervision
- Thursday - grades 6, 7, 8 families provide lunch & playground supervision
This is also the perfect time for individual students to bring the teachers a small token or note of appreciation!
Nachos Available Friday
The eighth grade class will be selling nachos after school tomorrow to raise funds for their class trip.
Prices are as follows:
Super Nachos with beans, etc. $4
Re-enrollment for 2018-19
Re-enrollment for the 2018-19 school year is now available through RenWeb. Those who complete the re-enrollment process by May 18 will receive a $40 discount on their entrance fee (please note the new date). This year, we will also be asking families to sign a financial contract that outlines their tuition payment schedule. You will receive these contracts in the mail with your May statement. You will need to stop by the office to clarify any questions and complete them.
To complete our online re-enrollment process, you will access our ParentsWeb through your existing login. If you do not have a login, you will need to create a new ParentsWeb account.
To access ParentsWeb:
- Please go to www.renweb.com
- Select Log In from the menu bar and then ParentsWeb Login from the drop-down menu.
- Type in your username and password (Our District Code is PUCP). If you have forgotten your username or password, please click on the link provided.
- After logging in, click on the Family Information button in the left menu.
- Click on the Enrollment/Reenrollment button.
Our Online Enrollment system will open with a link to the enrollment packet for your child. The online process should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. If you have trouble accessing your ParentsWeb account, please contact the school office.
Last week was a busy week at PUCE! The Missoula Chidren's Theatre production of Robin Hood was a wonderful opportunity for students to enjoy being part of a dramatic production. The audience at both showings seemed to thoroughly enjoy the play! For those who missed seeing your children in the play, inquire at the office about the possibility of borrowing a video.
The PUCE Color Run was a huge success! We raised approximately $10,000 for the school. A big thank you to those who participated and got sponsors for the run.
Prep for Life
PUC Prep is hosting its annual community event, Prep For Life 5K, on Thursday, May 10, at 6:00 pm. The event will take place at the Window Tree location behind the Angwin Airport. Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prep-for-life-5k-2018-tickets-44395442965?aff=es2. Tickets are $20 for students K-12 and $40 for community members. Adult accompaniment is required on the course for children 8 years old and younger. Plan to walk, run, cheer, eat, or fellowship. All are welcome!
Good news for cost-conscious consumers of Christian schooling!
- We are keeping the cost of tuition the same for the coming year. It is the first year in many that we have not seen a tuition increase. We are also deepening the discount for families with three or more students who do not get any employee education allowance.
- This year we are asking families to sign a payment contract for the coming year at the time of re-enrollment in May. Keep your eyes open for your customized contract to come by mail within the next ten days.
- If you will be applying for financial aid, now is the time to start that process as well. The contract you will get in the mail includes only the standard discounts, employer allowances, and the BASIC fund. Numbers will be adjusted on the contract for those who apply and qualify for tuition assistance. Don’t forget a copy of your tax return front page with your application for aid.
- We are already gearing up for another awesome year in the fall. We hope you will choose to jump on for the ride. Stay tuned next week for information on the planned teacher and class arrangements for next year.